The SWT table does not allow to have a vertical header column as needed for Matrex, i.e. such that:
- is a fixed column in the table (it remains always visible scrolling horizontally)
- has cells with raised border to distinguish it from the other columns.
In version RC1 I decided to not loose so much time verifying if there was a work around, so I simply used as vertical header the first column of the table and giving it a gray color to distinguish it from the others.
In version 1.0 final I want to have a vertical header in other two tables, the matrix viewer and the presentation viewer, just to show the row index.
Therefore I started to see if there is a better solution than the one implemented in version RC1.
So I tested the SWT snippet 2 which should solve the problem using as vertical header a different table with only one column, synchronized with the original one.
This is a good idea, but has these problems:
- the vertical header table appears with a vertical scrollbar, which lets it appear disconnected from the main table. The scrollbar can be hidden, but I'm not sure it can be done on any platform.
- the cells have no raised border.
- sometimes the rows in the two tables appear slightly unsynchronized. This happens because the main table shows its first row only partially.
Therefore by now I keep the solution used in version RC1. I'll see in the future if there will be other possibilities.